Kampersrus is a small village 27 km from Hoedspruit on the Orpen/Lydenburg road (R531). Kampersrus is 60 km from the Orpen Gate.
It is situated at the bottom of the highest peaks in the northern Drakensberg. Birdlife is prolific and many people come here to hike or mountain bike.
Attractions in and around Kampersrus include:
– The Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre is situated just outside Kampersrus.
– Visit Jessica the Hippo. She is a worldwide phenomenon and has her own international fan-club.
– Pack your picnic basket and drive up Mariepskop to the old radar station. The view at the top is astonishing.
– The Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre is, admittedly, popular among tourists. It offers the visitor an experience they will never forget.
– 24 South shopping centre for local arts and crafts, restaurants
– Kinyoka Reptile Park has a large variety of reptiles and animals.
– Blyde Adventure Centre offers Quad Biking, Paintball, Horse Trails, Kloofing, Boat Trips, Microlight Flights and Hot-air Ballooning
– Boat cruises on the Blyde River Dam
|Country name||South Africa|