Ekurhuleni is home to South Africa’s biggest, busiest airport, OR Tambo International Airport. The airport offers great shopping, dining, accommodation and conferencing facilities.
The Gautrain will take you to Sandton, to Park Station, where you can catch the open-top tourist bus; or to Pretoria.
Attractions in Ekurhuleni include:
– the aviation museum in Germiston
– East Rand Mall, over 175 stores and a nine-theatre digital cinema centre.
– Emperors Palace, restaurants, bars, casino, theatre
– the Ke-ditselana Tourism and Multicultural Village in Germiston
– township tours to Tembisa
– the Hechter-Schulz Afro-Cultural Museum in Germiston
– the Marievale and Rondebult Bird Sanctuaries where you can find over 280 species.
– the towns of Springs, Germiston and Alberton have art-deco architecture
Outdoor sports rule in Ekurhuleni. Go horse riding, hiking, mountain biking or, because of the region’s numerous lakes, go sailing, waterskiing or windsurfing. Play a round on one of the many lush golf courses, or pamper yourself at a spa.