Buitepos is a small settlement in the Omaheke Region in eastern Namibia. It is situated on the national road B6 which is part of the Trans-Kalahari Highway, and a border post between Namibia and Botswana.
Buitepos is the main access point to the centre of Namibia and all tourism attractions it has to offer:
* Namib Desert – home to the world’s highest sand dunes. Namibia boasts spectacular looking dunes. The color of the ancient towering Sossusvlei dunes changes with the light, and the shapes are constantly changed by the wind.
* Etosha Game Reserve – a unique and memorable wildlife experience
* Fish River Canyon – the second largest canyon in the world
* Skeleton Coast – ship remains can be found along the coastline
* Swakopmund – a charming seaside resort town.
East Gate Rest Camp is situated 400 meters into Namibia from the Trans Kalahari Border Post.